Friday, November 5, 2010

A book of Purple and Swirls

This has been one of my favorite means of doing art lately. Using an art journal requires no special skill or supplies; its a great versatile means of getting your thoughts and ideas recorded... It's really nice cause it doesn't have to be perfect (and it's definitely not). I could improve pages whenever I want to. :) Art journals can be used as a notebook, schedule/planner, doodle book, major scrapbook, photo "album..." basically anything you want! I actually am going to put the scraps like receipts and random findings in my purse on a page. Anything can be used, it makes your book really unique!

I guess I'll just tell the story of my art journal with the photos of the book. If you want to share any inspirations for a page please let me know! I could always use ideas.




I say just do it. You'll be glad you did. I think it's a lot of fun. It's good for short attention-spans, because it's not like you're striving to get everything coordinated, and FINISHED. The fun is the process of the making.

|inˈspīr|verb [ trans. ]1 fill (someone) with the urge or ability to do or feel something, esp. to do something creative

3 comments:

  1. oo very cool. show it to me at thxgvg in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhooooo that's really really cool!!!!!! I'm sure yours would be way better than mine if I ever made one! ;) I am interetsted in starting scrapbooking..... finally went to Hobby Lobby Saturday for the first time in forever and found a majorly ADORABLE pink and brown scrapbook! you know me, gotta have something pink and brown! LOL
    ttul
    Love,
    Manda
    http://jesusothersyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure yours would be cute Manda! :) I tried scrapbooking but I can't seem to make pages... so this is the easier version. XD Of course pink and brown Manda! Haha hope you find scraping fun!

    And to my hermana-I'll show it to you at Thanksgiving sure!

    ReplyDelete