Monday, October 4, 2010

And the seasons color...



Changes; it's what fall is about. the changing of color from greens- to purple, red, orange, browns....eventually all will be padded in a soft, yet brilliant white that was gently sifted from the sky; but, not too soon please! Fall coaxes the change in fashion; from shorts and tanks, into jeans and a soft sweater. The season even brings some change in my diet--carmel seems to be floating around the kitchen some, apples seem more abundant, and soon we will be having soups, and such more. :) The changes for fall don't stop here though...

Yesterday afternoon I caved and yanked out my wintertime blankets--a "down comforter," and a cotton blanket- along with my bed spread and sheets. Only 4 layers for now, but once the temperature drops for the season; I will have a formidable addition to my lovely layered collection atop my twin mattress. That is my heating blanket... Which could be the equivalent to MULTIPLE blankets!



By this description, you should be able to tell... I am such a wimp when it comes to being cold. I like to say, I have "rainbow skin"- in the winter... You know, all of the "normal" shades: red, oddly white, positively purple, annnnd a mixture of the 3! I should take the temperature of my hands when they feel like ice; I wonder what their true temperature would be. Mmmm, I may give that a try.

This morning proved to be super warm--a scorching 32 degrees Fahrenheit; glad I decided to get out those cozy blankets. :) I'm looking forward to more fall-like happenings- campfires, hot chocolate, apple cider, hay, barn parties, Thanksgiving break (I'm ALREADY excited for it, only about 2 months to go, right!?), and super crunchy-sounding leaves... All make me happy.






No comments:

Post a Comment