Monday, October 11, 2010

Teenager for 3 more years

What will I be doing in 10 years from now? I'll dream up the general idea and sketch it here for you...Jump in the time machine- the year is 2020!

I'm 26 years old. My profession is professional camera work, capturing any footage I can in photo or video for NBC news after natural disasters or anything that has unfolded on the world screen. If you think that's the cool part of my job- getting to go to cool places, and showing people what is happening back home- you'll love this part. In my spare time my husband and I get to be missionaries and help needy people world wide. It's so cool to see God work in people's lives. He is alive and our ever-present help in time of trouble.

Pretty soon I think we will turn to settling down more, I want to be a mommy sometime...But for now I love my job! We live in a beautiful home set in the wonderful mountain air of Colorado. Eventually I would like to have my own photography business here in CO; can you imagine having your Senior pictures in the Mountains of Colorado?! I think it's a great opportunity.

When we are not busy traveling, we love to enjoy the gorgeous vistas of our state, hiking, skiing at Breckenridge, and looking at the lovely snow capped Mts. from our backyard. My favorite drink is water straight from a mountain stream, so crisp! We love enjoying God's creation in many ways, and praising Him. I enjoy homer days with my husband, and watching football on Sunday afternoon, and crocheting knitting, or sewing things for the children we get to meet on our travels.

We love to have people come to our home, so be sure to stop by sometime soon! Just make sure we haven't flown off to Africa...


Well, that's a "picture perfect" for me in ten years. I don't know about all of the traveling but, some would be alright. :) Who knows, maybe corn is still in my future... I do love Iowa too- creek wading, walking in the corn rows in my backyard, and playing in the dirt. No matter what my future holds, I know God has my life all worked out and He knows it all! I'm so thankful it's not just up to us to stumble through life and that's it. We have a bigger purpose, God has a wonderful plan! Strive to seek His will for your life in the moments.

2 comments:

  1. Love the post. Ya, can't believe it.... three more teen years for me too. Kinda sad...... but looking forward to getting married and having kids.... maybe living in England. Being a Christian author/missionary. God is good!
    Love,
    manda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was way cool! And that definitely does sound like the perfect life. :) But don't forget, you'll be living by me! haha :D

    ReplyDelete