News flash for my soul: My relationship with Jesus Christ is the true relationship that earthly God-honoring marriage is to be a picture of. There is no reason to constantly be “in search of the one” right now, because knowing Christ as the true satisfaction of my heart’s desire for wild, crazy, noble love is the real love story. He shows me that He loves me with a wild love in that ultimate sacrifice of His life on the hill called Golgotha, and that now he sits in glory in triumph interceding on my behalf before God the Father today. Salvation is here! Glory in my Redeemer! My heart can not even imagine His Highness coming to rescue a harlot-heart like mine. But oh am I satisfied in knowing that the most noble, loving Person has rescued me from my nasty prison of idolatry and sin.
This truth was brought to my attention while my class and I praised God with the words, “I exult Thee” on Wednesday afternoon. He showed me that He is true and better than whomever I could set my eyes on here on earth, on a person-to-person level. If I was to really sing exultation to Jesus, I was to see that He is to be exulted above any other name on earth.
This may not have been brand new information to me on an intellectual level; but my heart was deeply impacted by this reality anew and afresh. God’s amazing undeserved saving grace compels me to glory in his love, and desire to serve Him joyfully all the more! This is one of the lessons God has reminded me of this week, to appreciate, love, and know Him through His Word as the one and only True and Better. I want to be Overwhelmed by Jesus' heart-satisfying, wild love for me today and everyday for the rest of eternity. He is worthy of my praise! He is good!
Happy Friday dear ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment