Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hello Wonderful Family and Good Friends!

I am writing again:

a. To keep my sanity, sort out thoughts, and reflect on God's goodness, grace, and glory
b. To keep loving prayer warriors informed and up-to-date
c. To keep you "in the know" - even though we're oceans apart

The first week of school has been quite the whirlwind and flurry of getting settled in, and getting to know the people around.  My roommies are pretty wonderful.  There are four of us total in our room and we represent 3 countries!  We have already had the privilege to travel together, hike together, laugh together, dance together, and have some really good deep conversations about life in Christ (together).

This is my new friend Elise.  She is probably 6 foot, 1-2 inches tall (SO cool-she's taller than me!).  The first thing I said to her was something along the lines of- "You're taller than me!"  Elise responded with a hearty, "Welcome to Europe!" (She is German and Dutch.) She's sweet and only a dash of silly. She has a huge heart for oppressed people of the world.  She is a woman with a heart after Jesus, which seems to be a reoccurring theme with the people around YWAM Herrnhut.



So, just in case you're wondering if I'm fluent in German since I've been gone for two weeks now... The answer is definitely-if the language only includes, "good morning, good day, butterfly, and flower!"  Alas, I really should show that I care enough about the people here to try to learn a bit more of their language-Hold me accountable! :)

On another note: Most likely had the best brat of my life on Saturday in Dresden. SO GOOD --->




I have just begun the art part of the program-Graphic Design.  I'm so excited about how the class is planned to run for the semester. We are going to be assigned projects within graphic deign that focus on some aspect of design, and focus on how we are processing the lecture topics. Our working space is in the attic of the Water Castle.  In the afternoon, the sunlight streams in through white window panes.  Thankful.







1 comment:

  1. Yeah - I appreciate your thoughts, drawings and photos more than you know. Love you, Momma

    ReplyDelete