I really just feel like having these Wisconsin Cheese Curds. I should study for the ACT, mmm, nah not tonight. I'll get some Christmas music uploaded to my iTunes, and find something else to do while I do that...
Oh, Hi there! Just incase you forgot (after 7+ months off gracious), I'm Cally I get sporadically inspired to do UN-normal things from piano playin', blogging, and photographizing, to lawn decorating in the dark *forks and other "silverware", and climbing a mountain (tresspassing mind you) near a mountain lion's cave, with just 2 other teenage girls... Freaky-but FUN!
Speaking of freaky, I've never even seen the trick or treat scene in all of my 17 years, until yesterday evening. It seemed like innocent fun, despite my preconceptions about the holiday, I think I would have LOVED trick or treating when I was little man I mean candy AND dress-up in one?! I went walking door to door handing out tracks with some kids form youth group, and it seemed where we were the whole community came out for the event! The scariest place we went to was a house that was set up on a hill-so you had to climb the stairs to get to a lady dressed up like a witch (the owner of the house presumably)- who was passing out candy. She went ALL OUT for Halloween, I mean, flickering lights inside the house on the second floor, and smoke makers on the steps, and an apparition or two hung on string from the trees. CRAZY! But, all in all the evening was fun, and we got to spread the Good News on the tracts!
Since last spring, I've been volleyballing, camping, enjoying fall with walks in the woods, went on a missions trip, school, photography, being a Senior, making cookies, worked at a law firm filing papers, worked in the hottest weather I remember for some time-in a corn field, and most recently a bakery girl. Oh and right now I'm listening to Jingle Bells, and I've been playing Christmas music out of the hymnal this week. Yeah, that's right. :-)
I'm thankful for Christmas music, clean water, electric lights, Mac computers, beautiful stars, moons, and sunsets, and a mommy and daddy and family that are wonderful and loving and encouraging.





No comments:
Post a Comment